RWC Advocacy was founded in 1989, as Wiener Associates– a full-service, bipartisan government affairs law firm. We have decades of experience in government, politics and public affairs and during that time have grown to an aggressive mid-sized firm representing clients with a diverse portfolio of issues.
We have extensive lobbying experience that covers a range of issues inside and outside the Michigan capital. These issue areas include economic development, education, health, human services, technology and information services, regulatory consulting, transportation, housing, telecommunications, taxation and appropriations matters. We also have specialized expertise in certificate of need policy and in state procurement protocols, as well as extensive experience with grassroots advocacy campaigns.
Prioritizing Your Needs
We believe it is vital for each client to have a clear, written, prioritized and mutually-agreed upon statement of public policy objectives. We meet with each client and develop these priorities in the context of the current legislative and regulatory environment. This provides a roadmap which guide our actions and ensures our entire staff is informed about issues of importance to our clients.
If It Happens In Lansing, We Are There
We follow legislative hearings, monitor every introduced bill, track legislation moving through the process and provide immediate feedback to our clients, utilizing state-of-the-art electronic and subscription tracking services.. Our lobbyists and staff are working everyday to keep an ear to the ground on all manner of activity in the capital.
Providing Access To Decision Makers
We are active in hands-on lobbying for and with our clients, including one-on-one meetings with members of the Executive Branch, Legislature and key staff. These services may include testifying before committees or working with our clients to develop testimony for presentation. In short, we maintain access to key decision makers on our clients’ behalf.
We provide periodic, detailed reports, as well as issuing communications in real time on emerging issues of interest to our clients. We are experienced in presenting before client boards and at public meetings, and we routinely accommodate phone, or email briefings for single or multiple parties. As we don’t adopt a one-size-fits-all approach, we can tailor our services to meet the needs of our clients.
Knowledge. Experience. Access.
While lobbyists are best known as process facilitators, our firm places a high value on content expertise. Specifically, we immerse ourselves in our clients’ issues so that we can talk knowledgeably with decision-makers in the absence of our clients, when needed. Particularly in the era of term limits, substantive knowledge and experience is invaluable and our firm’s content expertise is unmatched.
RWC Advocacy provides the following services:
- Legislative advocacy, including an in-depth understanding of the appropriations and budget process
- Regulatory advocacy and regular interface with the Executive Branch
- Grassroots advocacy, organization, and coalition-building
- Monitoring and reporting on legislative, administrative and regulatory activities, and informing clients of these activities
- Strategic planning and prioritization of client goals
- Crafting legislation and proposed administrative rules, reports, recommendations and testimony
- Providing expertise on appropriate messaging and use of advocacy tools
- Administrative law, including preparing regulatory filings, certificate of need and licensure applications
- Guidance and representation in procurement opportunities
- Public speaking and increasing client visibility to decision-makers and to client constituents/members
- Client communications, including presentations to Boards and staff
- Election analysis and impact of expected outcomes
- Campaign finance compliance, including document preparation required by state law
- Non-profit tax-exempt status compliance
Ethics — The Highest Standard
We adhere to the State Bar of Michigan standards regarding conflict of interest and resolution of potential conflict of interest – the highest ethical standard of any governmental affairs consulting firm.
Who We Are Following on Twitter
RWC Advocacy Facebook Page
Problem displaying Facebook posts.
Click to show error