In addition to more than 300 CON application approvals, as well as amendment approvals and numerous other successful negotiations with the State of Michigan on behalf of our clients, RWC Advocacy has had great success in working with both the State and the Certificate of Need Commission to help our clients succeed. Some more noteworthy accomplishments include:
Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs)
RWC Advocacy has earned a reputation for success in many areas of Certificate of Need, but perhaps most notably in the initiation of ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs) in Michigan. The CON standards for initiation of a surgical service in Michigan can be quite restrictive. However, with the help of our team and the technology we have invested in to allow our clients easy and quick access to important data directly associated with success, we have helped many groups obtain CON approval for Freestanding Surgical Outpatient Facilities (FSOFs – the Michigan equivalent to ASC).
Karmanos Cancer Center
Karmanos Cancer Center had been working for over a decade to become a separately licensed, independent hospital on the campus of the Detroit Medical Center. Certificate of Need hurdles continued to create barriers for the organization until they brought in RWC Advocacy to assist. In less than 1 year we were able to devise a strategy which provided Karmanos with a separate license and complete autonomy from the DMC.
We worked with Allegiance Health to launch the 33rd open heart surgery program in the State of Michigan in a climate when many forces were working to prevent any new programs in the State. This was a high priority for Allegiance after suffering a defeat during a similar attempt on their own decades earlier.
After many years of working to meet the requirements to initiate a fixed MRI service at Oaklawn Hospital without success, Oaklawn hired RWC Advocacy to work with the Department of Health and Human Services and the Certificate of Need Commission to modify the CON standards to accommodate their needs and obtain CON approval to initiate their fixed MRI service.
RWC Advocacy has a great deal of experience in filing nearly all types of CON applications, including the following:
- Ambulatory Surgery Center (FSOF/ ASC) Initiations, Acquisitions, Expansions, and Replacements
- Hospital Replacements, Relocations,Expansions and Acquisitions
- Initiations, Acquisitions, Expansions, and Replacements of Nursing Homes and Psychiatric Hospitals
- CT and MRI (both mobile and fixed) as well as Surgical Services Initiations, Acquisitions, Replacements, Expansions and Relocations
- MRT Replacements, Acquisitions, Expansions, and Relocations
- Lithotripsy Initiations, Acquisitions,Replacements, and Expansions
- Bone Marrow Transplantation Initiations and Acquisitions
- Cardiac Catheterization Initiation and Replacements (Including Primary PCI and Elective PCI)
- Open Heart Surgery, and Liver Transplantation Initiations
Who We Are Following on Twitter
RWC Advocacy Facebook Page
Problem displaying Facebook posts.
Click to show error